Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lesson Learned

Today I made Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes from the Cook Yourself Thin Cookbook.  The picture of them looked like something any chocolate lover would enjoy. I was surprised when the recipe called for 6oz of bittersweet chocolate and only 1/3 of a cup of sugar, but I went with it in the spirit of eating desert and losing weight. When they were done cooking, I arranged them nicely on a plate, topped with powdered sugar and homemade whipped cream. They were ... gross. Even 2 dark chocolate lovers like me and Garrett could only swallow one bite.  No amount of whipped cream was able to salvage the bitter taste of the cake. I guess the small amount of sugar is how the cake is in a healthy eating cook book.  Luckily I was able to clean out the bitter taste in my mouth with a couple bite sized Dark Chocolate Milky Way left over from Valentine's Day. :)

I am reluctant to try the other dessert recipes in this cookbook, but I probably will.  I do want to cook through the whole thing, but I HATE wasting ingredients. I guess we'll just see when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment