Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peaches and Cream Muffins

I married a peaches lover.  I've always been kind of "meh" about peaches, until I discovered the Edmond Farmer's Market.  Now I can't get enough of them!  They are so delicious. They are a little more expensive than a grocery store, but taste 100 times better. We have been visiting the market once or twice a week to buy peaches.  I have made several peach pies already this summer, so today I decided to see what else I could make with them.

In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 a cup of sugar.

In a separate bowl mix together one egg, 1/4 cup of canola oil, 1/3 cup of milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.  Fold in 1 cup of diced peaches (about 1 large peach).

Line a muffin tin with cooking spray or cupcake holders.  I used cupcake holders because I can never seem to grease my muffin tin well enough, but next time I'm not going to use them.  The batter is very thick and sticky.  It sticks to the liners which makes it difficult to spoon batter evenly into them.


Anyways, fill each muffin holder 1/2 full with batter.

Next, mix together 4oz of cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon.  Spoon a small amount into each muffin tin.  




Cover the cream cheese with the rest of the batter.


Cook in a 400 degree oven for 17 minutes.

See how my cream cheese is really close to the top?  I put too much batter in the bottoms of the muffin tin, and then didn't have enough to cover up the cream cheese.  Oops. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment