Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

One of the current trending topics on Pinterest is Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries.  I looked up a recipe online and it wanted you to use Philadelphia Cheesecake Mix.  I knew that I could just make my own cheesecake mixture, with ingredients that I already had.
P.S. If you don't have Pinterest yet, but you like cooking DIY crafts, cloths, baby ideas, actually ideas for EVERYTHING under the planet, you seriously need to get an account.  

Anyways, the first thing you need to do is mix up some cheesecake mix!  You will just need one block of softened cream cheese (8oz), 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  Once that is mixed up, put it in an icing bag, or just use a ziplock bag if you don't have one one of those.  Stuff all the mixture into one corner of the bag and cut off the corner. 

Next, cut the tops off of a box of strawberries.  Then, use the smallest, sharpest knife you have to hollow out the strawberries. 


Then, using your pastry bag, fill the hollow centers with cheesecake. 

The recipe I looked up on the website, wanted you to dip the tops in crushed up graham cracker so that it would actually seem like you were eating cheesecake.  I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries instead.  I just dunked the bottom of each strawberry in a bowl of melted chocolate chips.


Mmmmm....delicious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment