Saturday, January 7, 2012

Working on My 25 List

I am slowly starting to accomplish things on my 25 before 25 list, and also slowly starting to realize that some of the things on there are pretty unrealistic. If money were no object, maybe I would see New York City and the Atlantic Ocean in the next 13 months, but it is. My wonderful friend Kirsten is getting married in August and I would love to go to her wedding, which is in Portland. A trip to the East Coast might have to wait a little bit longer.

But onto the things I have already accomplished ...

I made a skirt. With a sewing machine. I amaze myself sometimes.  I used the easiest tutorial I could find, but I was still skeptical that the piece of fabric would look like a skirt when I was done.  A few tears were shed, but it is finished, it is cute, it fits, and it HAS POCKETS. I wore it on our date last night and I love it! I can't post any pictures because I'm currently using a netbook - so there's no photo storage, but I will try to get one on the blog soon.

I am slowly starting to make a wedding scrapbook.  I have all the supplies purchased.  I have done one page. (Hey, slow and steady wins the race, right?)

I am also slowly starting to get back to pre-wedding weight. I bought a "skinny" cookbook and so far I love the recipes in it. The hardest part is exercising. I have time to exercise, but I tend to get migraines really easily. Today Garrett and I went on a 30 minute/1 mile walk, and I had a migraine 1/2 way through it. Not sure how I'm going to lose weight burning 90 calories a day. I kind of feel like I'm out of ideas. I have tried the "Couch to 5k" program, but shooting pain going through my knees is not my idea of a fun time. Has anyone tried Yoga for Weight Loss? I have seen a couple videos, but can you really lose weight doing some weird stretches?

One last thing. Apparently people read this blog! AAHH. I found the "stats" page on blogger.  I have 12 followers and 30 posts, so I figured that when I looked under the "pageviews" stats that I would have around 350. HOW ABOUT 1,099?!!!  Who the heck is reading this thing?  Whoever you are, thank you!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment: